Cantaloupes people, geez, get your head out of the gutter. My garden is a bloomin with cantaloupes, watermelons, bell peppers, jalapenos, and a pumpkin plant that has recently taken off. Just look at these puppies!


See how these are just hangin there? Isn't it amazing how God created these climbing vines to be able to hold such a heavy fruit? I keep watching it to see if I have to sling them but nothing yet. Lexy is so excited, her favorite fruit is growing in our own backyard!

Next to my cantaloupe plant I have a watermelon plant. It has a bunch of small fruit, isn't just the cutest thing you ever did see?

However, within a week this little watermelon turned into this.

I don't know how big it'll get before fall really gets here, but we'll see. Check out these bell peppers.

And can't forget the jalapenos.

Our plans are to cut into the cantaloupe this weekend so I'll keep you posted on how they tasted. I love having my garden. The kids have learned so much and have been so interested in it, I'm planning on having them pick their own plant for the Spring.
1 comment:
Wow, those are cool. But the watermelons should be on the ground right? Oh and you do have big MELONS. I wish I did:))
Post a Comment