Friday, June 13, 2008

Father of the Year Winner!


Avery entered an essay contest for the father of the year award and she WON! I received a phone call today from the committee telling me she won in her age division. There were only three winners in all. Her age group was 7-9 year olds. She has won for her daddy a Tag Heuer watch from Bachendorf's. When we pick up the watch they will take pictures of them and will be featured in the Dallas Morning News. We are all so excited for Avery and for our wonderful daddy Tino. Jesus has blessed us with an amazing father. Here is Avery's essay:


Why my Daddy is the best in the World by Avery, age 7, Father: Tino

I was born very small. My daddy would hold me on his chest and rock me to sleep. I am seven years old now and my daddy still lets me sleep on his chest. He likes to cuddle with me and I feel so safe with him. He is the best daddy in the world because he tucks me in at night. When he comes home from work I am so happy to see him and I tell him all about my day. He likes to play with me and he pushes me really high on my swing. My daddy also has a really cool job and sometimes he takes me to work with him. People say that I look just like him, but I always tell them, I do except I wear glasses, have long hair and I don't have a mustache. A perfect day would be to go on a picnic with my daddy and play and talk with each other. I love the daddy God gave me.


You can also go to www.fatheroftheyearawards.org and view the other 2 winners.

No comments: