Wednesday, February 4, 2009

4 kids + February = Birthday month madness

February is a very busy month around here. All four of my children were born in February! Actually two of them share the same birthday. So for this month I will blog about one child for the whole week. I was going to do this for the child who had a birthday for that week but I have three birthday's this week alone. So I'm going to do it by birth order. So this is Lexy's week.



This is her story:
I had Lexy when I was 16. I was scared but still so excited. She was given to me at a time in my life that honestly if she hadn't come I'd be working a minimum wage job somewhere and probably living on welfare. I was a very rebellious teenager. When I saw her beautiful little face I had a sudden urge to give her the best I possible could. It was very hard but with the help of my parent I graduated from high school. When I was in high school, I met an amazing boy, Tino. He helped me plan her first birthday party. I still remember him taking his change can and getting diapers for her. When he proposed to me he told me he didn't want anyone to hurt Lexy and he wanted to be her daddy. Shortly after we married he adopted her and she became Alexis Victoria Liscano, she still remembers that day at the court house. It was really cool, the people in the court room cheered for us when it was over. God IS always good. There are times where she talks to her daddy about things that she won't talk to me about. Their relationship is so sweet. She's seen him grow into a wonderful man, and he's seen her grow into a beautiful God loving girl. This year my little girl will turn 13!! Gosh where has the time gone?! When some parents freak out at the thought of a teenager, I feel this huge sense of urgency to teach her how to me a woman after God's heart, a student, a wife, and eventually a mom. She is so involved in her youth group and loves God so much. Just the other day she had a sleep over and they went to Blockbuster, and she called me to ask if she could watch a certain movie. She could of just omitted telling me about the movie but she didn't. I can trust her with a lot, she is very mature. Her love for God shows in everything she does. This year for her birthday we will be going to a Stars game and staying at the "W" in a friend's condo. She is so excited. I'm so excited about what this first teenage year will bring. She's a great girl, and I am so blessed God chose me to be her mommy! Happy Birthday Lexy!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!! You are a good mamma and she is a beautiful young lady!! God has such great things in store for LEXY!!!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Lexy!! You are doing a great job in teaching them GREAT morals and the differance between right and wrong!! How time flies!?!?!?!

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

You are an incredible Mamma, Judy! Your love for your children shines through you.

Crystal said...

You are amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

I have goosebumps. Wow. You and Tino are exceptional parents and people. Wow.

(btw, we were at the Stars game Friday! did you guys have fun?!)

Amy said...

WOW! Ok, now I feel old. :) Lexy is just gorgeous! And you, are truly awesome, Judy. So inspiring! Happy bday to Lexy...and everyone else!

Shipra Panosian said...

Happy birthday, Lexy!

She's growing into such a wonderful young woman, Judy. And Tino, well, he just rocks! God is so good to have brought Tino so early on into Lexy's life. Using his change to help pitch in for diapers??..what a sweetheart. I miss you guys. You are such special family and I so wish we could have spent more time with you guys when we were in Dallas.