Isaac was a very active little guy even in the womb, what little time he was in there. I found out I was having a boy at 12 weeks. But only because at the time I was pregnant with him I worked at my OB's office and I knew the sono tech. Thank goodness I knew her because I would see her every week till I delivered. Because Avery was so premature I was monitored closely with Isaac. At about 19 weeks I was on a field trip with my oldest Lexy at the Dallas Art Museum and I had a scheduled sono appointment after the field trip. Well while on the trip I felt very different, like I had to go to the bathroom. So I sat around most of the time and really did nothing. I told the teacher how I felt and she knew I needed to sit so, I called the doctor and told her what was going on and she told me to come in early. Since I worked there they would see me. I can't remember if I got another mom to take my carpool back to the school or what because the next couple of hours were just one big blur. I go to the office and told the sono tech I really felt something was different. (This gets graphic but I have to tell you how awesome our God is) So to here shock, as soon as she put in the sono probe, she could see his feet pushing it back at her. My bag of water was still in tact and I was fully dilated and he was on his way out! She told me to lay very still and not to worry. After that the two doctors that worked at the office and the two nurse practitioners came in to "see". So after thinking about what to do, my doctor, was able to push Isaac back "in". I know it sound NUTS, but that's what happened. After that the ambulance came to get me and that started yet again my hospital bed rest until I delivered. My doctor stitched Isaac in and it was just a waiting game. Again one night I just felt different and told me nurse and again I was hooked up to a monitor that picked up none of my contractions, but I knew I was having them. So after a couple of hours they detected them and I was given medicine to stop them and they still continued. After a while I began to bleed, my Isaac had ripped through the stitches and was comin'. Amazingly it really didn't hurt, I'm not sure why. I delivered him at 23 weeks exactly. Again I heard the same ol' story and statistics. He weighed in at 1 pound 4 ounces. He stayed in the NICU for 6 months and finally came home. This is my little guy just a sleepin'. He was on oxygen to help him get enough air in his lungs. He also had a feeding tube in his mouth because he was not sucking a bottle properly.
This is Isaac on Tino's first Father's Day with a boy. He was four months old.
This is me holding my little boy's precious feet.
This is the first time Avery met Isaac.
We put up this picture so Isaac could look at his lovely sisters.
Isaac had a therapist come and make sure he was doing everything he should be doing. This is him working on holding his head up and pushing up.
After Isaac came home the girls loved cuddling with him. He came home on oxygen and his machine could only reach so far from his room, so this was his main spot he sat with the girls.
My Isaac about a year old. Doesn't he have the cutest smile?

2 comments:
What a Big Peanut!!! Happy Days.
What a great reminder of God's grace, and LOVE. You all are a Miracle family. Love YOU!!!
i'm excited for his future too.
What an amazing testimony your family has.
Post a Comment